Account Director (Marcomms)(closed)
Kava is a vibrant business communications and marketing agency situated on the Cotswolds edge near Dursley in Gloucestershire (with easy access to Cheltenham, Gloucester, Stroud, Bristol and Bath). Our portfolio has global reach and we work across many industries including technology and retail.
We are an employee-owned company via a trust so our team members benefit from influence over business decisions and profit-based bonuses, some of which is tax-free.
Due to a growing client list we are looking for a versatile Account Director who is passionate about all comms and marketing, and comfortable working within numerous sectors. You will be responsible for overseeing the account direction of our clients, managing some of them yourself while mentoring and supporting other client-facing colleagues. You will provide strategic direction and deliver brand, marketing and communication campaigns for clients and manage KPI reporting. You will also support the agency strategy around growth and reputation.
You’ll be working closely with our marketing and PR and creative teams.
The role will involve:
- Being an integral part of the leadership team, contributing to business decisions for the agency
- Strategic direction and consultancy to key clients (brand, marketing and communications)
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of integrated multi-channel marketing and communications campaigns
- Reporting on activity, KPIs and online statistics on a monthly basis for clients
- Budgetary management including reporting and analysis of spend
- Presenting proposals and supporting pitches to potential and existing clients
- Managing, mentoring and developing the existing in-house and freelance team members
- Ensuring exceptional customer service, proactive approach and added value
Our clients (mostly B2B) are varied but we focus a lot on the mobile technology industry – experience in this area would be great! Other areas include grocery retail, construction, event supplies, microchip industry and not-for-profit.
- ‘Hands on’ in your approach, you will have strong marketing strategy and writing skills, along with a good creative eye
- A strategic thinker, you will be marketing qualified with strong experience of brand engagement and communications
- A proactive and consultative approach to understand our clients’ businesses quickly and effectively
- Strong business development skills, you will need to prove that you have the ability to develop client accounts and help generate new business
- Strong financial acumen will help you meet targets, manage budgets, analyse and make sound financial decisions
- Superb organisational and planning proficiency
- Previous experience of managing a small team
- Knowledge across the full marketing mix, both digital and offline channels
- Someone who naturally keeps up-to-date with the latest trends and with a fresh thinking approach and ideas that will engage and excite our clients
- 5.6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Personal development scheme
- Influence company policy through employee ownership programme
- Annual, discretionary, profit-related bonus scheme based on our engagement programme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Salary sacrifice schemes for cycle-to-work and tech products
- Hybrid office and work from home policy
- Beautiful rural surroundings, working in a converted barn with kitchen facilities and shower room
- Free refreshments
- Free secure car parking and cycle shelter
Please email us with your CV if you are interested. NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITMENT SERVICES PLEASE.