VACANCY Developer / Digital Project Manager (closed)
Kava is a vibrant business communications, marketing and design agency situated on the Cotswolds edge near Dursley in Gloucestershire with easy access to Cheltenham, Gloucester, Stroud, Bristol and Bath. Our portfolio has global reach and we work across many industries including technology, retail, construction and public sector.
We are looking for a proficient Developer/Digital Project Manager to join our talented team, to take care of our clients’ online presence from managing and producing websites and building eshots to producing analytical reports and advising on performance and SEO.
The role involves liaison with our marketing and design teams and web developers – and our clients. The day-to-day work is varied with a mix of site planning and building, everyday upkeep and advisement on all things digital tech.
This is currently a full time role – 35 hours per week – but we are open to 25+ hours Monday to Friday.
Roles and responsibilities
- Manage a variety of websites from brochure sites to corporate sites to resource-driven storage for organisations of all shapes and sizes
- Continuously enhance our websites and ensure adequate security measures and legal compliances are in place
- Monitor performance; keep up with platform and plugin updates
- Troubleshoot all issues – responding as needed and occasionally during out of office hours (extra time/overtime paid or take time in lieu)
- Ensure best practice and keep abreast of industry and technology developments
- Report on metrics and recommend improvements to align with branding, marketing and communications strategies
- Project manage and build websites from scratch ensuring budgets and schedules are adhered to
- Co-ordinate contract developers on special projects and over busy periods
Skills and experience
- Ability to create sites in WordPress and develop themes, with excellent CMS customisation and Advanced Custom Fields experience
- Knowledge of data feed and CRM integrations eg. Salesforce
- Setting up and utilising Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Sharepoint and e-commerce apps eg. Woocommerce, Shopify, an advantage
- Familiarity with Adobe apps, particularly XD, Photoshop
- Campaign Monitor and other similar packages to build eshots, create templates and troubleshoot
You should have
- Confidence working within a creative team and liaising with clients, building strong relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Great project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organise and prioritise your workload and work independently and as part of a team
- A creative eye and ability to follow brand guidelines
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Probably at least three years in a similar role and wanting more responsibility
- A positive, can-do approach and the willingness to keep learning and expanding your skillset
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours while meeting deadlines
- 5.6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Personal development scheme and training platform
- Influence company policy through employee engagement programme
- Annual, discretionary, profit-related bonus scheme based on our engagement programme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Salary sacrifice schemes for cycle-to-work and tech products
- When based at the office*:
- Beautiful rural surroundings, working in a converted barn with kitchen facilities and shower room
- Free refreshments and occasional delicious brownies
- Free secure car parking and cycle shelter
*Due to Covid restrictions we are currently working from home and we will continue to offer remote working but it would be an advantage to attend meetings and/or work from time to time at the offices based in Dursley, Gloucestershire.
Closing date 30 July 2021
To apply please email us with your CV and salary expectations. NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITMENT SERVICES.
We may not be able to respond to every applicant due to a high response. To be shortlisted please ensure your application demonstrates relevant experience and skills, a proactive approach to the role and our work, and your location is viable for some office attendance.